Saturday and Sunday, May 3–4, 2014
Organizers: Sefa Koseoglu, Filtration and Membrane World LLC, USA; Sneh D. Bhandari, Silliker Laboratories, USA; Vishal Jain, Bunge North America, USA.
• Recent graduates, entry-level chemists, or technical associates who have the theoretical background of lipid analytics but need to expand their practical capability to take on new analytical challenges they will face on the job.
• Engineers, plant technicians, and others who are interested in understanding the basic chemistry side of edible oil refinery and processing.
Saturday, May 3, will feature overviews of various analytical methods used to assess the quality of oils and fats, process control, and refinery optimization. The wet chemical and instrumental methods used in quality control testing will be discussed, plus details on commonly-used simple and rapid methods useful for process control and refinery optimization.
Sunday, May 4, will review the analytical tools to evaluate oils and fats in relation to their use and functions for commercial and nutritional purposes.
• Oils and Fats Chemistry
• Base Oils Composition and Analysis
• Characterization and Stability of Emulsions
• Analytical Techniques in Oils and Fats Crystallization
• Interaction and Analysis of Oils and Fats in Food Products
• Oils and Fats Oxidation
• Oxidation Prevention and Antioxidant Analysis
• How to Optimize Edible Oil Refinery with On-line Process Control and Analysis
• Critical Analytical Techniques in Analysis of Nutritional Lipids
• Analytical Applications of Supercritical Fluid Extraction
• Advances in trans-Fat Analysis
• Lecithin/Phospholipids Characterization
• Determination of PCBs, Pesticides, and Contaminants
• Update on Biodiesel Analysis and Critical Issues
• Analytical Methods in Use of Enzymes in Edible Oil Degumming
• Fundamentals of Edible Oil Processing
• Analysis of Minor Components of Oils and Fats
• Fundamentals of Edible Oil Refining
Standard Price: $625 Through February 28; $725 Through March 28; After March 28 $825
Student Price: $195
Additional Short Courses: