Opens September 1, 2017
The fats and oils industries are always changing–new technologies emerge, innovative research is published, and regulations are updated. The Hot Topic Symposia will address how these current, critical issues impact the business of fats and oils and affect the future of our industries.
The Hot Topic Symposia will take place on Monday, May 7, 2018 from 7:55 am–10:00 am. Sessions may run the full two hours or a shorter duration. Session proposals are given the same consideration regardless of length. No competing AOCS Division programming will be offered during this time.
Past session topics
- Clean Label Ingredients and Processes for Food and Beverages
- MUFA: A Secret Weapon for Making “Healthy” Food Claims
- The Regulatory Changes—Impact on Lipids
- China Fat and Oil Industry: A Fast Growing Segment with Opportunities and Challenges
- Surfactants for the Non-Expert
- Lipid Oxidation: Lessons Learned, Health Implications, and Moving Towards Standardization of Analytical Methods
- Gut Microbiome Effects on Human Health
- Monounsaturated Fats in the Diet: Benefits and Ingredient Solutions
- Lipids in Cosmetics and Skin Care Products
- Impact of New Dietary Guidelines on Fats & Oils
- Innovative Alternatives for Hard Fats and High Stability Oils in the Food Industry
- The Food Safety Act: Focused Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
Dates to Remember
Submit early for the best promotion in meeting registration materials, on the Annual Meeting website, and in the Annual Meeting Program Guide.
|November 1, 2017||
Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by November 15.
|January 1, 2018||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by January 15.|
|March 1, 2018||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by March 15.|
Registration and travel expenses
Organizers of accepted sessions are expected to attend the meeting. Session organizers and speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Discounted registration fees are available for Hot Topic Symposia organizers and speakers.
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, we encourage prospective session organizers to submit a comprehensive proposal which includes a session description, list of quality speakers, and topics. Preference will be given to session proposals that are thorough, carefully considered and planned, and align with the purpose of the Hot Topic Symposia.
The session description and all presentations must be free of commercial content, including company logos, excessive references, tradenames, trademarked products, or product groups.