The fats and oils industries are always changing–new technologies emerge, innovative research is published, and regulations are updated. The Hot Topics Symposia will address how these current, critical issues impact the business of fats and oils, and the effect it will have on the future of our industries.
The Hot Topics Symposia will take place on Monday, May 1, 2017 from 7:55–10:00 am. Sessions may run the full two hours or a shorter duration. Session proposals are given the same consideration regardless of length. No competing AOCS Division programming will be offered during this time.
Past Session Topics
- Gut Microbiome Effects on Human Health
- Monounsaturated Fats in the Diet: Benefits and Ingredient Solutions
- Lipids in Cosmetics and Skin Care Products
- Impact of New Dietary Guidelines on Fats & Oils
- Innovative Alternatives for Hard Fats and High Stability Oils in the Food Industry
- The Food Safety Act: Focused Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
- Saturated Fat in the Diet: Where Do Formulators Go From Here?
- Outlook on Healthy Oils: New Policies, Functions, and Innovations
- Research on Fatty Acids in Human Health and Function
- Combating Scientific Misinformation Through Scientific Activism
- High Time for Higher Standards: Cannabis is Creating New Opportunities!
Dates to Remember
Submit early for the best promotion on the Annual Meeting website and in the Annual Meeting Program Guide.
|November 1, 2016||
Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by November 15.
|January 1, 2017||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by January 16.|
|March 1, 2017||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by March 15.|
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, we encourage prospective session organizers to submit a comprehensive proposal which includes a session description, list of quality speakers, and topics. Preference will be given to session proposals that are thorough, carefully considered and planned, and align with the purpose of the Hot Topics Symposia.
The session description and all presentations must be free of commercial content, including company logos, excessive references, trade names, trademarked products, or product groups.
The session proposal form may be accessed above. After filling out all proposal fields, save the form for your reference, and email a copy to AOCS Meetings Manager, Ellen Snipes at email@example.com. Once you have successfully submitted a proposal you will receive a confirmation email. Organizers will be notified on the dates above regarding proposal acceptance.
Registration and Travel Expenses
Organizers of accepted sessions are expected to attend the meeting. Session organizers and speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Discounted registration fees are available for Hot Topics Symposia organizers and speakers.