Palais des congrès de Montréal Montréal, Québec, Canada
Plan ahead! Make the most of your time in Montréal at the 2020 Annual Meeting & Expo by following these helpful tips.
Need help customizing your experience?
Contact Amy Garren at firstname.lastname@example.org +1 217-693-4836 for more assistance.
Maximize your Annual Meeting experience
- Build your meeting agenda. Plan your time at Annual Meeting effectively by prioritizing the pre-meeting courses, special sessions and hot topics you want to be part of the most. From one-on-one interactions with instructors and peers beforehand to exploring emerging technologies and updated regulations — you won’t want to miss out on key opportunities to learn alongside colleagues before and during the meeting.
- Strengthen your connections. With a variety of networking opportunities, Annual Meeting is ripe with opportunity to build and begin new professional relationships — from general social affairs to specific Division and section events focused on enriching your involvement in your interest area. Plan out which networking events you want to take advantage of this year and make sure you leave room in your schedule for connecting!
- Download the official app. Download the official AOCS Annual Meeting app for direct access to the event schedule, upcoming events and more. You can even explore the program for sessions that interest you most by using the search bar.
- Discover the power of AOCS. Have a direct influence on next year’s meeting and the future of AOCS by getting more involved. Become a volunteer to share your story, grow the community and play a key role in the direction of AOCS by contributing to our content and our Society and Division elections.
- Book a room in the heart of Montréal. Take advantage of featured hotel room blocks and experience the culture and excitement of Montréal while being close to all the Annual Meeting action. Book your room early for exclusive savings!
- Share your excitement. Use the hashtag #AOCS2020 on social media to share what you’re most excited about before and during the meeting and explore what your peers are saying.
- Lock down your travel plans. Ensure safe, stress-free and memorable travel by contacting your local consulate for visa requirements. You will receive a letter of invitation upon registering. Ensure you make an appointment with your local embassy or consulate to enter Canada, verify fees and requirements and complete all official documents. Check out the Canada and Québec travel pages in advance for more information.
- Make the most of your trip to Canada. Leave time to explore Montréal! There is no shortage of things to see outside the meeting — from Montreal’s Underground City to La Grande Roue de Montréal, Canada’s largest observation wheel and Mount Royal, a large volcanic-related mountain featuring a park designed by renowned landscape architect, Frederick Law Olmsted, who designed Central Park. Make sure your itinerary includes time to experience the city’s unique culture and history.
After the Meeting
- Look out for Annual Meeting recaps and resources. Keep an eye on your inbox and social media platforms for a recap of the 2020 Annual Meeting, plus potential online access to presentations you missed or want to revisit. Then, become an AOCS member for year-round access to more global networking and presentations in the premium content library on inform|connect and the latest research featured in INFORM Magazine.
- Share your insights. Help spread the word about all that Annual Meeting has to offer by sharing your experience with peers. Present a webinar, write a blog post or prepare ideas for an abstract submission for next year! Whether online or in-person, highlighting the knowledge you gained will position you as a thought leader in the industry and build support for future meetings — enhancing both their value and attendee takeaways!
- Mark your calendar for next year. Follow AOCS on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on the latest details of next year’s meeting in Portland, Oregon, USA, May 2–5, 2021. Call for papers opens in September 2020! Stay tuned for updates straight to your inbox.