Held at the Palais des congrès de Montréal Montréal, Québec, Canada
|Deadlines and submission schedule|
|November 1, 2019||Deadline for priority consideration
NOTE: Volunteer submissions received after November 1 will
be reviewed and included as time and space permit.
|November 5-December 15, 2019||Abstract reviews and selection begin (first round)|
|December 16, 2019||Invited speaker submission deadline|
|December 17, 2019||Notification email to accepted authors|
|December 17, 2019–January 31, 2020||Second round of reviews|
|January 15, 2020||Submission site closes|
|February 3, 2020||Notify accepted authors|
|March 1, 2020||Oral and poster presenters must be registered for the
Annual Meeting by April 1 to avoid cancellation of the presentation.
|March 1, 2020||Final date for "late" poster submissions. Late poster submissions will not appear in the printed program book but will be announced on the website and in The App.|
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Volunteer authors—Identify the interest area that most aligns with your content.
Refer to the session descriptions for further guidance.
- Invited speakers—Select the correct primary topic and identify the session chair to assure proper assignment.
Provide the following information for each author:
- Name – First, Middle Initial, Last
- VALID email address for each author
Abstract Title and Body
- Title: Clearly identify the focus of the abstract in 15 words or less.
- Abstract body: 250 words or less
- Abstract preference: Oral or Poster | Session chairs may suggest a change in presentation type.
- Abstract structure:
- Methods Used
- Optional presentation: Volunteer submissions, check if you will/will not convert to a poster if not scheduled for a talk. Reviewers will not see the question or your response.
- Do not include: Images, Tables and/or Commercial content (i.e. trade names or trademarked products)
- Content: Abstracts AND presentations must be of an educational nature and may not be used to promote products/services.
- Before you press the submit button:
- Carefully proofread and check your submission for accuracy.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted.
- Email confirmation(s): An automated email confirmation will be sent when the completed abstract has been submitted.
If your abstract does not comply with these requirements, you will be asked to adjust the text before a final decision can be made by the Session Chairs.
Abstracts received by November 1 will be released to the session chairs for review on November 5. Submissions received after November 1 will be sent to reviewers at regular intervals and will be considered on a space available basis.
Abstracts will be evaluated separately using the following criteria:
- Relevance to session topic
- Creativity and originality of content
- Tangible message, solutions, and best practice(s)
The Program Committee and Session Chairs reserve the right to refuse a presentation based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- A lack of scientific content or merit
- Commercial content (i.e. trade names, trademarked products, etc.)
- Subject matter not aligned with the focus of a session
Registration fees and travel expenses
When an abstract is accepted, the presenting author is required to attend the meeting to present, must register for the AOCS meeting, and pay the registration fee. Each presenter is also responsible for his/her travel and accommodation expenses unless written confirmation of funding assistance is provided by the inviting Session Chair.
Oral and poster presenters must be registered for the Annual Meeting by March 1, 2020, to avoid cancellation of the presentation.
IMPORTANT: Please review the updated Permissions section in the abstract management system.
As an international scientific organization, AOCS provides current and emerging information and disseminates research results in oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants, and related materials through its meetings, publications, and web presence.
To support the dissemination of scientific knowledge, AOCS records and live streams selected presentations and sessions during its meetings. These recordings and live streams also provide scientists who are unable to attend meetings with a way to engage with the scientific community, and it allows presenters to expand the reach of their work to a larger audience. In addition, AOCS archives presentations in the AOCS Premium Content Library, an AOCS members benefit that provides members with a significant body of scientific knowledge.
By submitting this abstract, you hereby represent and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge:
- (a) the content of the abstract and of the presentation is accurate;
- (b) the abstract and presentation do not violate any copyright, proprietary, confidentiality, or personal rights of others;
- (c) the presentation will be educational in nature, will not promote any product or service, and will not contain any false or misleading statements regarding any products or services or include materials that are slanderous, libelous, or otherwise illegal; and
- (d) you are authorized to make these representations and to agree to the terms of the AOCS Abstract Submission Guidelines on behalf of your company or institution.
You hereby indemnify and hold harmless the American Oil Chemists’ Society, its officers, directors, staff, agents, and representatives from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, demands, costs, reasonable attorneys’ fees, and other expenses arising from the inaccuracy or breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties.