With the constant evolution of emerging technologies, innovative research and updated regulations, the fats and oils industry must keep up. The Hot Topic Symposia is a chance for us to come together to address how critical shifts and related transformations, both current and on the horizon, will impact the business of fats and oils.
Contribute to the future of the fats and oils industry by submitting a Hot Topic for the AOCS Annual Meeting.
The Hot Topic Symposia will take place on Tuesday, April 28, 2020, from 8–10 a.m.
Submit Now (.docx)
|Dates to Remember|
|November 1, 2019
||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by November 15.
|January 1, 2020
||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by January 15.
|March 1, 2020
||Received proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee and decisions will be communicated to submitters by March 15.
Registration and travel expenses
Organizers of accepted sessions are expected to attend the meeting. Session organizers and speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Discounted registration fees are available for Hot Topic Symposia organizers and speakers.
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, we encourage prospective session organizers to submit a comprehensive proposal which includes a session description, list of quality speakers and topics. Preference will be given to session proposals that are thorough, carefully considered and planned, and aligned with the purpose of the Hot Topic Symposia.
The session description and all presentations must be free of commercial content, including company logos, excessive references, tradenames, trademarked products, or product groups.
The session proposal form may be accessed above. After filling out all proposal fields, save the form for your reference and email a copy to Julie May. Once you have successfully submitted a proposal you will receive a confirmation email. Organizers will be notified on the dates above regarding proposal acceptance.
Past session topics
- Career Management & Networking Techniques: a guide to strategic partnership with recruiters
- The OLEUM Project Advancements for a Global Strategy to guarantee olive oil quality and fight fraud
- Healthy Oils at the Heart of Personalized Medicine
- Ingredient Transparency
- AOCS Technical Services Available to Serve You
- Sterols symposium
- 3-MCPD and Glycidol Esters — What Now?
- Advancing Plant Proteins Along the Value Chain: Challenges and Opportunities
- Bridging the Gaps in a Diverse Workplace
- Healthy Oils: The New Functional Ingredient?
- Safety Aspects of Frying Oils: Academia and Industry Perspectives
- Fat and Oils for Generations
- Research and Technology Priorities for Fats and Oils from US Government and Industrial Perspectives
- The Role of Medium-Chain Triglycerides and Ketones throughout the Lifespan
- Olive Oil: Innovative Analytical Strategies to Guarantee Quality and Fight Fraud; Focus on the Advancements of the EU H2020 Project OLEUM
- State of the Industry: Navigating a Post-PHO Landscape