Now available on-demand:
Virtual 2020 AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo presentations
Discover the latest scientific and technological developments in fats, oils, proteins, surfactants and related materials from the comfort of your home or office. Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule — presentations are available until June 2021.
For even more important resources and content, join the global community of AOCS. For a limited time, save 35% on your membership through the rest of 2020. Learn more and join today.
If you have questions or need support, please contact an AOCS staff member.
Visit the virtual meeting
A welcome message from AOCS President Doug Bibus.
How to Register and Access the Virtual Meeting & Expo
In consideration of the current circumstances AOCS leadership decided to offer free registration to all.
To get started:
Download the meeting guide (.pdf)
- Create an account. You will receive a unique access key in a confirmation email.
- Click on the login link in the confirmation email or visit https://www.eventscribe.com/2020/AOCS/login.asp?
- Type your email and access key into the appropriate fields in the login screen and click "Login".
- You're now ready to begin exploring presentations, posters and exhibitors!
Discover the latest scientific and technological developments in fats, oils, proteins, surfactants and related materials from the comfort of your home or office. Visit the full schedule to read abstracts and presenter information for the sessions listed below.
- AOCS Special Session on Plant-Based Protein
- Analytical Trace Components
- Authentication of High Value Oils, including Olive Oil
- Biobased Surfactants
- Biorenewable Polymers
- Catalysis and Green Chemistry
- Crystallization Behavior of Fats and Oils
- Dietary Cannabinoids and Health
- Emerging Biotechnological Developments in Lipids
- Emerging Sources of Proteins for Food and Feed Applications
- General Processing
- Health Benefits and Controversy of Edible Oils and Their Derived Supplements
- Health Benefits of Food Proteins and Peptides
- Hot Topic Session — Market forward innovations: Canola — journey from sustainable farming to sustainable products
- General Analytical
- General Biotechnology
- General Edible Applications Technology
- General Heath and Nutrition
- General Heath and Nutrition & Awards
- General Lipid Oxidation and Quality
- General Phospholipids
- General Processing
- General Surfactants and Detergents
- New Uses of Glycerine
- Novel Phospholipids: Pharmaceutical, Functional and Edible Applications
- Oleochemicals - Biocatalysis II
- Oxidative Stability in Omega-3 Rich Oils Studied by Accelerated Methods or Storage Trials
- Phase Transition and Interfacial Phenomena in Complex Food System
- Processing ABC's
- Proposed Updates to AOCS Official Methods
- Protein-based Hydrocolloids for Food and Biomedical Applications
- Protein Interaction with Food Components
- Rapid, Spectroscopic and Spectrometric Methods
- Structuring of Liquid Oil for Low SAFA and Non-trans Applications
- Sustainable Methods for Producing Oleochemicals
- Sustainable Processing and Fractionation for Novel Phospholipids
- Sustainable Technologies for Protein Extraction and Ingredient Impacts
- Trace Contaminants
Support the 2020 AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
We invite you to join us to support our community. Please consider helping the Society in one of, or a combination of, the following ways.
- Consider paying a voluntary registration fee. While registration is free, you can show your appreciation to AOCS by paying a nominal fee for access to the Virtual 2020 Annual Meeting & Expo.
- Donate to the AOCS Foundation to help the Society at large. All donations make a difference so that AOCS can continue to helping our community in these trying times.
- Spread the word about the 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting & Expo by inviting colleagues and friends to the meeting and help introduce them to AOCS!
Longtime volunteer and current AOCS treasurer Grant Mitchell (Plus Group, Ohio, USA) discusses why he and the Plus Group support our community and the Virtual 2020 AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo. Thank you Grant and Plus Group for your support!
Save the Date for the 2021 AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo
Add the 2021 AOCS Annual Meeting & Expo to your calendar! We'll be showcasing more quality content on May 2–7. If you would like to receive updates related to the AOCS Annual Meeting, subscribe to our email list.